Memory Care is designed specifically for people who are dealing with a degenerative brain disease known as Alzheimer's and other age-related dementias that are defined as a set of symptoms resulting in loss of memory, language and judgment.
The Memory Care Unit at The Plains at Parish Homestead was conceived and architecturally designed for people with Alzheimer’s and related dementia to provide a secure unit for the protection of your loved one. We have an outdoor memory garden with a gazebo and individuals can walk freely and enjoy nature. We offer 16 Memory Care Apartments that are beautifully designed and constructed for a persornalized feeling of “home” with a focus on maximizing a resident’s independence and dignity.
The Memory Care Unit at Heritage at The Plains at Parish Homestead provides secure and specialized services. It is designed to meet the needs of celebrating the life of each individual by providing activities that help residents most easily recall their past, staff use information about each resident's past lifestyle, career, hobbies and interests to develop personalized activities that make them feel comfortable.
- Activities that stimulated the senses: aromotherapy, soft music, hands-on projects, and more. Click here to view a sample calendar of activities.
- Compassionate, well-trained staff
- 24-hour staffed facility
- Unique decorative and functional details from furnishings to colors of the walls that add to the comfortable common areas.
- Calming environment
- Home-like furnishings
- Warm, natural lighting
- Nutritious, carefully-planned meals with attention to special diets
- Person centered activities
We invite you in for a tour to learn more about our services.
Shawna Rotolo, Marketing Director
607-267-4013 ext. 102